- Visitors: Janus Varmarken, Simon Langhoff
- In collaboration with B. Demsky and B. Hawkins
- EPFL: Katerina Argyraki
- Current work is supported by NSF TWC Award 1228995: ``Safety in Numbers: Crowdsourcing for Global Software Integrity''
- Past work was supported by an NSF CyberTrust grant: I-BLOCK: Understanding and Filtering of Malicious Traffic and by a VURI gift from AT&T Research for the academic year 07-08.
Disclaimer: Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation
Papers and Presentations
Antmonitor: Crowdsourcing measurements from mobile devices
- Sigcomm Workshop 2015
- Mobicom Demo 2015
Click Fraud Detection
- F. Soldo, A. Metwally, Traffic Anomaly Detection Based on the IP Size Distribution, in Proc. of IEEE Infocom 2012, March 2012.
- M.Kokkodis, M.Faloutsos, A.Markopoulou, “Network-level characteristics of Spamming: An empirical analysis,” in Proc. of ICNP Workshop on Trust and Security in the Future Internet (FIST) 2011, Vancouver, BC Canada, Oct. 2011.
- F.Soldo, A. Le, A. Markopoulou, “Blacklisting Recommendation System: Using Spatio-Temporal Patterns to Predict Future Attacks”, to appear in IEEE JSAC on Forensics for Communications and Networking, Vol. 29, No. 7, pp. 1423–1438, August 2011.
- F. Soldo, Predicting Future Attacks, Tech.Report, Winter 2009.
- F.Soldo, K.Argyraki, A. Markopoulou, "Optimal Source-Based Filtering of Malicious Traffic", accepted to IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking. And on arXiv:1006.1165.
- F. Soldo, A. Markopoulou, K. Argyraki, Optimal Filtering of Source Address Prefixes: Models and Algorithms, accepted to INFOCOM 2009 (slides).
- F. Soldo, A. Markopoulou, K. Argyraki, Optimal Filtering of Malicious IP Sources, Technical Report arXiv:cs.NI/0811.3828, Nov. 2008.
- F. Soldo, A. Markopoulou, “Filtering Malicious Sources: Models and Algorithms”, invited talk to the IPAM Workshop II: Applications of Internet MRA to Cyber-Security, UCLA, Oct.2008 (slides).
- F. Soldo, K. El Defrawy, A. Markopoulou, B. Krishnamurthy, K. van der Merwe, “Filtering Sources of Unwanted Traffic Based on Blacklists”, in ITA Workshop '08, San Diego, CA, Jan.2008 (slides).
- K. El Defrawy, A. Markopoulou, K. Argyraki, Optimal allocation of Filters against DDoS Attacks, in Proc. of ITA Workshop '07, UCSD, Jan. 2007 (slides).
- K. El Defrawy, A. Markopoulou, K. Argyraki, Optimal filter allocation against DDoS attacks, Technical Report arXiv:cs.NI/0612066, arXiv.org, Dec. 2006.